This Policy does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to Curious Dot with regards to your Personal Data.
Curious Dot may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with any changes in legal or regulatory requirements and/or industry trends.
Your Personal Data
“Personal Data” refers to any data or information about you from which you can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access. In the course of providing you with our services, you may provide the following Personal Examples of such Personal Data which you may provide us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us):
- your name, NRIC number, passport number or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
- information about your use of our websites and services, including cookies, IP addresses and subscription account details;
- your employment history, education background, and income levels; and
- your payment related information, such as your bank account or credit card information, and your credit history.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, Curious Dot collects Personal Data, either directly from you or from our authorized representatives, from third parties, or from publicly available sources through our website in the following ways:
- when you submit a form to register as our user on our website or any other forms relating to any of our products and service;
- when you interact with our customer service team, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
- when you use our services, for example, websites and apps including establishing any online accounts with us;
- when you request that we contact you, for you to be included in an email mailing list;
- when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data when you are contacted by, and respond to, our customer service team and marketing representatives;
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, when you have been referred by them;
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons; and
- If you provide Personal Data of a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the purposes set out above.
Purpose for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Generally, Curious Dot collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the products or services that have been requested;
- to help us manage the delivery of and enhance our products and services, including by analysing customer needs and identifying potential customer needs;
- to communicate with you and respond to your queries, requests and complaints;
- to provide ongoing information about our products and services which may be of interest to you;
- to handle disputes and conduct and facilitate investigations and proceedings;
- to protect and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- to provide media announcements and responses;
- organising promotional events or campaigns;
- to comply with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities; and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
In addition, Curious Dot may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes, and when permitted under the Act,
- analytics and tracking;
- conduct market research and surveys to help us understand our customers’ preferences and demographics to develop special marketing campaigns and promotions in relation to Curious Dot’s products and services, to improve our customer service and user experience of Curious Dot;
- providing additional Product and Services and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty rewards and referral programmes from Curious Dot;
- matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision, marketing or offering of Products and Services by Curious Dot, including advertisments printed on the back of your photographs;
- leads generation and Curious Dot’s marketing management;
- to administer contest and marketing campaigns, and personalise your experience at Curious Dot web-based application;
- communicating to you advertisements that involve details of our Products and Services, special marketing campaigns, rewards or referral programmes, either to our users generally, or which we may have identified may be of interest to you (including but not limited to upselling, cross selling and online marketing);
- organising promotional events, campaigns and corporate social responsibility projects; and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Additionally, when permitted under the Act and subject to the provisions of any applicable, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for Preferred Partners’ Additional Purposes, to the vendors or other third party service providers in connection with promotions and services offered by Curious Dot’s preferred partners.
If you have provided your Singapore telephone numbers Curious Dot may contact you using such Singapore telephone numbers (including via voice calls, sms, fax or other means) with information about our Product and Services or those products and services offered by our preferred partners (including discounts and special offers).
In relation to particular Product and Services or in your interactions with us,we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, us or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
Should you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales, marketing or promotional information via a specific mode, please inform us as follows:
- to withdraw consent from receiving SMS promotions; please subscribe by following the steps provided in the promotional SMS;
- to withdraw consent from promotional emails: please clikcon the Unsubscribe link in the promotional emails;
- to withdraw consent from receving promotional materials with your photographs package, please email our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communicatio, we may take up to thirty (30) days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communications during this period of time. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent for the receipt of marketing or promotional materials through a specific mode, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the Products and Services that you hold or have subscribed to with Curious Dot.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Curious Dot will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provision of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
- Curious Dot’s related corporations and employees to provide content, Products and Services to you, address your queries and requests in relation to your user accounts, subscription and billing or mailing arrangements with us, as well as our Product and Services, to activate, deactivate, install, maintain and operate our systems and/or services;
- companies providing services relating to insurance and consultancy to Curious Dot;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to Curious Dot, such as technical services in relation to the web based application maintenance, courier services, telecommunication s, information technology, payment gateway provider, printer, billing, processing, market research, security or other services to Curious Dot;
- vendors or third party service providers in connections with promotions, marketing campaigns and services offered by Curious Dot or its preferred partners;
- commercial shops, brands or business in relation to providing rewards and benefits;
- any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving any of the business entities;
- our professional advisers such as lawyers;
- relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and relations or schemes imposed by any government authority; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
Keeping Your Personal Data Accurate and Up-To-Date
- We endeavour to ensure that all Personal Data we have about you is accurate and up-to-date. We understand that this information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We encourage you to contact us as soon as possible to enable us to update any Personal Data we have about you. Incomplete or outdated Personal Data may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
- enabling certain features and functions on our websites, e.g. remembering your user-id, service preferences;
- building up a profile of how you and other users use the website;
- improving the efficiency of our website;
- administering services to you and to advertisers; and
- establishing usage statistics.
Most internet browsers provide you the option of turning off the processing of cookies (under the “help” section of your browser), but this may result in you being unable to use certain part(s) of our website.
There may be advertisements on Curious Dot website and these advertisements may be provided by third party advertisers and their agencies. These may generate cookies to track the viewership of a particular advertisement (or use the services of third parties to do this). Curious Dot does not control these third parties and their cookie policies and if you have questions about their cookie policies, please contact Curious Dot and we will try out best to assist by providing you with information about these third party advertising agencies.
Curious Dot is not responsible for the Personal Data policies (including Personal Data protection and cookies), content or security of any third party websites linked to Curious Dot website.
Storing of Personal Data
- Curious Dot will safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Data, whether you interact with us personally, by telephone or mail, over the Internet or other electronic media. We hold Personal Data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper based files and other records and take steps to protect the Personal Data we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where we no longer require any Personal Data that we hold, that Personal Data would be destroyed or have particulars or information which may identify individuals removed.
We hold Personal Data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper based files and other records. We do not keep Personal Data longer than is necessary and will destroy or anonymise Personal Data which we no longer require.
Withdrawal of Consent
- You may withdraw your consent given for any or all purposes set out in this Policy in writing by writing in to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. If you withdraw your consent to any or all purposes and depending on the nature of your request, Curious Dot may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you. Without prejudice to the foregoing, you agree and acknowledge that any withdrawal of your consents in accordance with the terms set out in this Policy will not affect any consent which you may have provided to Curious Dot in respect of the use of your Singapore telephone number(s) for the receiving of marketing or promotional information.
Management and Security
- We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our management of your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy and the PDPA. The officer who handles your Personal Data has been trained to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data. Curious Dot regards breaches of the PDPA very seriously.
How to contact us
- If you have any questions about this Policy or any complaints relating to your Personal Data, or you would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records (for which we may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving and copying any material requested), please contact our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of the Policy
- Curious Dot will review this policy from time to time. Curious Dot may also from time to time update this Policy to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. If you are unsure whether you are reading the most current version, please contact us.
Curious Dot LLP | All Rights Reserved | 2015 | www.curiousdot.sg
Registered in Singapore | Registration No.: T15LL0128D